CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Why yes, I am a genius.

I'm sorry but I have to take a minute here to gush about how incredible I am. I swear I'm not ridiculously egocentric. Rather, I'm very proud of what I just did and feel the need to share it with the world. Haha.

For the past few weeks, the girls and I have been trying to plan our Winter Break. We began thinking London, Dublin, and Paris. But then we realized those are countries which will probably be easier to go to either for a weekend or when we're older. So we decided to check out other places. We began thinking Prague, Vienna, and Zurich. But today, we finally decided on Munich, Prague, and Vienna.

Originally when we were planning our trip to Prague, Vienna and Zurich, we went to a travel agent to discuss prices. He told us 297 Euros. And that was fine with us.

Today, we went back to the travel agent and discussed Munich, Prague and Vienna. Let's just say it was quite a bit pricier.

We returned to school today a bit disappointed because nobody wanted to pay quite so much for vacation. So we decided to take it into our own hands and research buses, trains and flights to get us from place to place. After checking things out we realized we were doing incredibly well on prices. The only problem was that we couldn't find a way home from any of these places. Well, aside from 1400 Euro flights.

So instead of doing homework tonight, I worked on our plans for Winter Break. And this is why I'm proud.

  • I found a way to get from Vienna to Aix which seemed utterly impossible.
  • I found all of the cheapest/most reliable buses and trains and put together a complete itinerary.
  • And finally, I completely beat the price that the travel agent had given us. Both the expensive one and the 297 Euros one from when were still planning on Munich/Zurich/Prague.
Alright, time to get working on that homework I put aside. Goodnight all!

3 comments:

kelsey said...

carly schilling, spring break sounds awesome. my birthday lands on carnival and we´re planning on going to some awesome place, not yet decided even though its in like two weeks.

also to the post below, i guess that when we live together it´ll be abroad. sounds good to me!

glad you´re having a great time, isn´t it going scarily fastt??

love you, kels

LKP said...

I always new you were a genius! Say hi to all of my German buddies when you get there! And in response to Kelsey... I hope you both know that you will have a house abroad and in the U.S if I have anything to say about it which I do so good.

Love love!

barbara huffert said...

I'm not at all surprised but oh so envious!

BTW, when in Vienna don't forget to send your favorite NYC show organizer Milka chocolates. :)