CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, January 25, 2009

First Day Exploring Aix

I got to explore Aix today with Mme Rosso and a friend of hers who is also hosting two students, Ben and Libby. I had a great time getting to know them and exploring the streets. Everything is so picturesque. The streets are full of patisseries with wonderful looking desserts, cafes with many of their patrons choosing to sit outside since the weather is so nice, and people running their errands. It's absolutely wonderful.

After exploring a bit, we went to IAU (my school, Institute for American Universities) for a meet and greet. Everyone seems really nice and I think we're going to have a lot of fun together. I've even met quite a few people from Pennsylvania, including a girl who goes to Penn State Berks. This is her second semester abroad, although she spent her last semester in Beijing. I believe she's an international relations major so studying abroad will be great for her.

After the meet and greet, Erin and I went exploring some more since she hadn't been out yet. We walked around town and then ended up at a cafe called Happy Days. It was kind of awkward going to the cafe because we're not quite sure what to do-- sit down or wait for someone to seat us, take the check to them or wait for them to take it from us. But now that we've done it once, I'm sure things will be smoother next time around.

Tomorrow is beginning of orientation so I'm sure it'll be a busy day. We have tons of meetings about housing, passports/visas, scheduling, Aix itself and we'll also be going on a tour of the city. But I'm sure it will all be helpful information to have.

0 comments: