CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, January 24, 2009

Finally in Aix!

I am finally in France! After 21 hours of waiting, flying, and transferring airports, I am settled in. I am completely unpacked, might I add. Unfortunately, because we got in so late today, I haven’t gotten a chance to see or explore Aix yet. That’s what we’re beginning with tomorrow. Madame Rosso, several other students, their hosts and I are going to meet up and walk around town to check out the sights and figure out where our school buildings are.

Although I haven’t gotten a chance to see Aix yet, I have been having a great time with Madame Rosso, my host mother. She’s incredibly nice, very sweet, funny and is doing everything possible to make sure I feel at home. And she’s certainly doing a great job. We spent the night sitting on the couch, eating dinner and getting to know one another. From our conversations so far, I know that she works at a very popular French bank in Marseille, has two girls of her own and grandchildren, likes playing cards, has been keeping students from IAU for several years and finds George Clooney to be very attractive. She’s pretty neat.

I’m very excited to get this semester started. It seems like it should be a lot of fun. There’s so much to do, so many places to go, some incredibly nice people like Erin and Kate, and it just feels like it’s going to be a good semester.

0 comments: